Grayling, MI | Direct Hire
Prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document training activities within the mill. Manage employee training records, including follow up with delinquent training. Work with State agencies and academic institutions to have our employees access/participate in training programs and access available funding.
Work with the employees to coordinate and participate in community activities and involvement.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Work with area specific coordinators to identify and coordinate training needs and map out plan for the team.
• Assist with the implementation of initiatives to identified gaps based on employees’ goals, performance evaluations, skill sets and surveys.
• Help the coordinators identify internal movement opportunities, career paths, cross training, succession planning, as well as, talent acquisition and retention strategies.
• Provide timely communication to all teams regarding the progress of Training and Development.
• Research training vendors who can meet the needs of the organization.
• Apply for training funding as appropriate. Liaise with “ Michigan Works” as appropriate.
• Write training proposals and coordinate and organize logistics for training delivery.
• Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
• Create, maintain and contribute to a collection of training materials/database (video, library, job aids, manuals and FAQ’ s)
• Speak at various departmental, town halls and business meetings regarding the training and development effort at the mill.
• Work with the Human Resources Manager to coordinate & facilitate new hire orientation and other training needs.
• Work within the community; uphold the reputation of the company in a positive way while choosing projects that benefit both the organization and the community.
• Conduct random training audits to check “ retention of knowledge”.
• Assist the team in documenting policies and procedures
• Continually focusing on individual safety and the safety of others and fully comply with all Health and Safety Legislation.
• Support departmental quality goals and performance metrics
• Personal Initiatives Tracking (Updates/Review/Complete Tasks)
• Support in other departments (i.E. Optimization, quality systems, etc.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High school graduate or GED required; Associates degree preferred
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
• Comfortable presenting and speaking in front of large audiences
• Knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
• Ability to adapt to a broad range of employees at all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle
• Proven skills leading projects
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Excellent training/presentation skills using adult learning concepts
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce and outside agencies
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Please send updated resumes to tyler.Daniel@trcstaffing.Com