Traffic Signal Design Engineer
Charlotte, NC 26262
TRC has an immediate need for a Traffic Signal Design Engineer. This is a direct hire position with a leading Engineering Firm in Charlotte, NC.
Responsible for leading signal design plan production, supervising staff for plan production and assisting with marketing clients for all aspects of traffic engineering, with a concentration on signal design services.
- Develop, produce, and review complex signal design plans. Activities shall include the direct oversight and participation in the development of the work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures
- Provide QA/QC on select signal design plans and signal warrant studies.
- Provide training and guidance for traffic department staff related to signal design and related plans.
- Assisting firm with the marketing of all of our traffic engineering services with an emphasis on growing the signal design backlog.
- Assist the transportation and traffic manager in the development and implementation of divisional goals, objectives, policies and procedures
- Serve as advocate and contact for regional transportation coordination including transportation funding, congestion management, alternative modes, and interagency negotiation
- Work closely with the department manager to plan, organize, and direct department activities and projects related to signal design plans production.
- Develop cost estimates, project implementation schedules, funding plans, project objectives, and analysis of project benefits
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management
- 4-year Degree in Civil Engineering or related field required
- PE/PTOE license prefered
- Experience with signal design and related studies software as well as MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Extensive experience with NCDOT and municipal capacity analysis practices and standards.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/