Technical Support Engineer
Austin, TX | Direct Hire
Our client is looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer on a permanent basis in their Bentonville, AR location.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
• Able to assess customer needs and set expectations
• Verify accuracy of business impact statement as provided by the customer
• Perform with limited direction, problem verification by confirming a customer’ s environment, error messages, and symptoms of a problem.
• Able to troubleshoot common problems.
• Use testing tools for troubleshooting
• Researching moderate to complex cases using knowledge bases, documentation, etc.
• Gather information to develop reproducible cases
• Preparing, recommending, and guiding the customer through implementing solutions.
• Write collateral at an appropriate level
• Mastery of creating case tracking details for use by team members for similar/future problem resolution
• Assist other TSEs at various levels
• Accountable for team and individual results
• Participate in internal projects and other work as directed
• Self-directed learning to expand expertise of Rocket Software products
• Contributes to training content, as necessary
• Available for some after hours, weekend, and holiday work
• Experience with DB2 for z/OS.
• Ability to identify and complete tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to effectively work with customers to resolve problems.
• Familiarity with electronic issue tracking systems.
• REXX, z/OS JCL, ISPF, TSO.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• DB2 for z/OS DBA or DB2 systems programming.
• Technical Support Engineer or
• Quality Assurance Engineer or
• Applications Development.
• 2+ years with DB2 for z/OS.
• 2+ years in role of technical support and/or quality assurance and/or applications development.