Technical Support Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
• Able to assess customer needs and set expectations
• Verify accuracy of business impact statement as provided by the customer
• Perform with limited direction, problem verification by confirming a customer’ s environment, error messages, and symptoms of a problem.
• Able to troubleshoot common problems.
• Use testing tools for troubleshooting
• Researching moderate to complex cases using knowledge bases, documentation, etc.
• Gather information to develop reproducible cases
• Preparing, recommending, and guiding the customer through implementing solutions.
• Write collateral at an appropriate level
• Mastery of creating case tracking details for use by team members for similar/future problem resolution
• Assist other TSEs at various levels
• Accountable for team and individual results
• Participate in internal projects and other work as directed
• Self-directed learning to expand expertise of Rocket Software products
• Contributes to training content, as necessary
• Experience with LegaSuite products or Modernization tools.
• Tomcat, WebSphere, IBM Integrated Web Application Server experience aplus
• IBMi experience a plus
• Any other spoken /written language skills (German, French) is a plus.
• Ability to effectively work with customers to resolve problems.
• Familiarity with electronic issue tracking systems.
• Networking and SSL experience.
• Broad knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, Linux)
• 2+ years of experience in role of external technical support
• BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience.
Please submit resumes to will.Swift@trcstaffing.Com