Technical Program Manager
ATLANTA, GA 30339
The role of the Program Manager is to plan and execute programs created to drive organizational transformation within ETS or across multiple business units. This role includes directing matrixed project managers in the delivery of component projects in the program and serving as a project manager to deliver some projects as well. Executive communication skills and presence are essential for success including building and presenting technology roadmaps, business cases and analysis with data-driven insights. The Program Manager is a highly experienced professional that can produce tangible progress forward in a growing, dynamic environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Define program scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate program expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop strong relationships across the organization to influence decisions and opinions to ensure success.
- Set and continually manage program expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule program timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track program milestones, deliverables, roadmaps and forecasts.
- Publish program status reports and deliver executive stakeholder overview sessions providing updates and areas where executive leadership will remove challenges for the team.
- Define program, success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout program life cycle.
- Manage projects as components of the overall program to ensure completion of organizational goals.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve program goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during program cycle.
- Develop full-scale integrated program plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program team and escalate when necessary.
- Identify and manage program dependencies and critical path.
- Prepare presentations, progress reports, communications, and necessary updates in different formats while ensuring alignment across the organization leadership.
- Proactively manage changes in program scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise program team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the program.
- 7+ years direct work experience in a program management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or business, M.B.A. preferred.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/