Marietta, GA | Contract
TRC Professional Solutions is looking for an Entry-Level BioMedical Engineer (Sustainment Engineer) to work on a contract basis (for 6 months) with our customer in Marietta, GA. This company is a leading designer, developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative medical devices used in surgical procedures.
* WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES (ATLANTA, GA AREA)
This role is responsible for the development of new products and/or the enhancement of existing products. Involved in creating designs, modeling and drafting utilizing a 3D CAD system. Other responsibilities include assisting in the development processes for Manufacturing, Quality Control, Regulatory and Planning for the assigned project.
- Designs, develops and processes implants and instruments utilizing SolidWorks CAD software.
- Leads the development of new products and/or serves as a member of a project team.
- Creates working prototype models to be used for project design evaluation.
- Tests products to verify the design inputs are met.
- Confirms products meet surgeon needs by completing validation activities.
- Generates design control documentation for the project Design History File (DHF).
- Develops quality control procedures and inspection methods.
- Initiates and processes design change orders (CO’ s) to improve design and manufacturability.
- Leads and/or serves on cross-functional product development teams responsible for new product development from concept through product launch.
- Provides technical input to marketing counterparts on the development of collateral marketing materials.
- Provides technical expertise to marketing and sales as to design intent.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering, with an emphasis in biomaterials and 0-2 years of product development experience in any implantable orthopedic medical devices a plus.
- Experience with 3D CAD system (preferably SolidWorks).
- Experience with phase gate design control processes (Agile).
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge of manufacturing methods, predominantly with metals and plastics.
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional product development teams from concept through product launch, including demonstrated planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Knowledge in the use and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to senior management.
This position requires some travel
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO dan.Mintz@trcstaffing.Com