Supply Chain Manager
ATLANTA, GA 30336
The Supply Chain Manager position is responsible for providing leadership, direction, or coordination for all purchasing, material management, warehouse, logistics, and shipping activities. Keys for success are a strong customer focus and understanding customer needs with an effort to control costs, and improve accuracy, efficiency, and safety. As well as, examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. In addition to, directing the movement, storage, and/or processing of inventory.
1. Selection, supervise, development, and assessment of staff.
2. Develop policies, procedures, and internal controls to effectively lead the supply chain department and develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the end to end supply chain.
3. Lead the material management activities of the company.
4. Implement new and continuously improve supply chain processes.
5. Create and present a yearly budget plan for your areas of responsibility.
6. Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, and/or store materials.
7. Appraise vendor manufacturing quality and delivery ability through on-site visits and measurements.
8. Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
9. Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
10. Monitor forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
11. Collaborate with other departments, such as Production, Engineering, and Quality Management in order to identify or qualify new suppliers.
12. Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, position responsibilities, or system flows.
13. Design and/or implement strategies for efficient material flow throughout the warehouse.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
• At least five years of management experience.
• A minimum of ten years of proven experience in an increasingly responsible supply chain related role.
• Global purchasing experience required.
• SAP experience required.
• Strong forecasting and analytical skills required.
• Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Possess excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to effectively delegate tasks and manage priorities.
• Flexible, adaptable, and the ability to multitask while remaining a positive and cooperative team player.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Advanced degree and/or supply chain related professional designation is preferred.
• Manufacturing industry an asset.
• Additional language skills like Spanish, Italian, Chinese or German is a plus.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/