Supplier Quality Engineer
Ellijay, GA | Direct Hire
Our customer in Ellijay, GA, a manufacturing wiring and wiring harnesses company, with three North Georgia facilities and one Mexico facility, is currently looking to hire a Supplier Quality Engineer on a long-term, direct-hire (permanent) basis.
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
• Lead manufacturing partners in control box quality improvement activities.
• Track and report quality metrics to management.
• Provide feedback and suggestions on corrective and preventive actions.
• Interface with engineering design teams to drive changes for quality improvement.
• Establish customer metrics and contacts for new products.
• Perform first article inspections.
• Complete warrants for control boxes.
• Document and implement process changes.
• Issue corrective actions to control box suppliers and work with suppliers for closure.
• Travel to customer sites and work on any issues related to control boxes.
• Work in a professional manner without direct guidance or direction from others.
• Support assigned commodities and act as the Supplier Quality Lead for these commodities
• Must be willing to travel up to 30%
• BS degree required
• Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
• Master's degree preferred
• 4-7 years of related experience required
• Certified in Lean Manufacturing concepts: Six sigma black or green belt, or equivalent certification such as ACE Associates with proven project success.
• Strong verbal and written communications skill
• Strong Microsoft Office skills required
• Minitab experience
• Strong relentless root cause analysis skills
• Must be a self-directed professional
• Must have related operations experience
• FMEA & Control Plans experience
• Must have a working knowledge of Value Stream Mapping
• PPAP/APQP knowledge and experience
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION TO: dan.Mintz@trcstaffing.Com