Structural Designer (3-6 month Contract)
Atlanta, GA | Contract
TRC Professional Solutions is looking to hire a Structural Designer on a Contract basis (3- 6 months) to work directly for our customer, a leading service provider within the utility infrastructure industry that was founded over 80 years ago. This position will be located in either Peachtree City or Midtown Atlanta.
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide engineering support that maximizes the value of the services and products that the Client provides. The Designer will work under the direction of Project Engineers, Product Engineers, and Manager – Engineering to provide drawings, details and material lists required to deliver and support the Client’ s services and products.
1. Support the efforts of the Project Engineers, Product Engineers and Engineering Technicians to deliver industry-leading engineering services.
2. Design and detail structural repairs for utility structures and associated foundations.
3. Perform drafting, checking and create material lists for both steel and concrete repairs.
4. Create and implement standard drawing practices for use by engineers and other drafters. Develop new-hire training courses and material.
5. Create details for Pole Restoration repairs, tools, equipment, etc.
6. Assist with support of core business units.
7. Contribute to other projects and plans, not specifically noted, to ensure the Company reaches its financial objectives.
1. Two-years Associates Degree in a technical field (drafting and design, etc.) from an accredited program.
2. Ten years of experience detailing utility structures working within (1) a utility, (2) an engineering and utility contractor or (3) a utility structure fabricator.
3. Proficiency with Autocad software, 2D and 3D. PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower and/or other utility structure modeling program experience is a plus.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and confidently to customers. Must be able to write technical documents using proper style and grammar.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION TO: dan.Mintz@trcstaffing.Com