Ridgeway, SC | Direct Hire
The Strategic Buyer oversees all supplier purchases and supplier activities related to the purchase of tooling, direct material, parts and service, to support overall operations.
Position Responsibilities - Essential
• Manage specified commodities of Metal Fabrications, Castings and Machined Parts, or Electrical, hydraulic, or powertrain products to support overall operations.
• Manage new and existing suppliers in all aspects as it relates to the commercial relationship with the supplier.
• Coordinate RFP’ s and RFQ’ s for Long Term and short term pricing agreements.
• Issues PO’ s for samples and non-standard orders as needed.
• Measure supplier quality and delivery performance. Search for innovative, cost effective commodity solutions to support continuous improvement.
• Maintain accurate prices in SAP and quotes, source lists, contracts, and other documentation to satisfy administrative requirements.
• Review purchase price variances.
• Pursue alternate or new sources providing improved quality and/or reduced costs.
• Market test all products related to specified commodities under Buyers management.
• Extend decision making authority to vendor selections, vendor terminations, price negotiations, alternate sourcing, and product expediting.
• Ensure superior ethical conduct in negotiating and always use data to drive decision making.
• Recommend new parts or suppliers to Engineering team for evaluation to support improved quality and reduced costs. Also provide recommendations regarding whether to make or buy, update terms and conditions, update vendor/supplier contracts, and maintain all information in SAP.
• Maintain professional contact/representation with suppliers.
Position Responsibilities - Non-Essential/Other
• Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Strategic Purchasing Manager.