Sr Cost Accountant
WEST MONROE, GA 71292
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Plant Controller to join their team in a direct hire capacity in the Louisiana area.
The Plant Controller, under minimal direction, is responsible for internal control, all accounting records, systems and procedures, cost accounting, operating and financial reports, analysis of operations, annual and quarterly plans, capital projects and long range business plans of the production facility. You will be a true business partner to the plant manager and operations team, and provide a leadership role for the entire plant organization.
- Ensure integrity of financial statements. SOX compliance.
- Direct preparation of all financial reports to meet divisional and corporate requirements.
- Conduct operational analysis to monitor progress meeting performance standards, corrective actions, and focus on profit/cost cutting opportunities.
- Be a business partner to the plant manager, anticipating business/performance issues and directing attention to these issues/opportunities ahead of time as well as lead/support the effort mitigating or exploiting them.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of capital project proposals, critically review all A/R’s submitted for management approval and maintain and control financial records on capital projects.
- Maintain effective internal control system to properly safeguard assets.
- Direct the work activity and training for Accounting Staff.
- Direct all cost accounting and support profit analysis for effective decision-making in pricing, short and long term business planning.
- Establish and distribute procedural directions to upgrade the financial function, ensuring compliance with corporate objectives.
- Design and implement special reports and analysis for assistance with day-to-day operations of business, capital investment decisions, and for implementation of short- and long-range business strategies.
- Provide controls an timely payments of vendor invoices.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years experience in industrial financial accounting required, packaging industry preferred.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Business in Accounting or related degree required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/