Chattanooga, TN 37450
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/
This Software Engineer for our client, will work on a game development team. You will have the opportunity to support, build and improve our client’s casino games. You will implement, debug, document, modify and generally support in-game features, development, and operational tools in a timely manner and actively participate in the design of the games. You can work with more senior technical staff to fully understand their systems and enhance your skills. Also, you may mentor other team members! This person needs to have technical skills to operate independently, and the communication and collaboration skills to be an integral and valued team player. At the Software Engineer level, you have the solid skills, experience, and work ethic to succeed as a software engineer, and the desire to learn from your teammates, all while providing entertainment for their valued customers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Design, implement, document, and maintain the server side of client/server based games using a variety of technologies, including Ruby, Sinatra, MySQL, and Redis.
• Write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
Identify new tools/improved processes to aid the Development team in delivering new Network Gaming products.
• Identify potential solutions and liaise with Development teams to determine technical feasibility and level-of-effort to implement.
Write high-quality code for the backend and associated tools for our games in a thorough and timely manner.
• Create/review detailed feature/functional/technical requirements specifications and ensure alignment with proposed platform solutions.
• Participate in relevant project meetings.
• Contribute to the development of new/innovative gameplay features and interfaces.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years of software development experience
• Experience with shipping and supporting a live consumer facing application is preferred
• Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
• Strong Object Oriented programming skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Distributed application (client/server) development experience
• Game Development experience
• Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
• Server development expereince for highly scalable, highly available consumer facing products in strongly preferred
• Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming techniques and languages
• Git, Perforce, CVS, SVN or other version control software
May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel. (10-15%)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org