WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29171
- Oversee Shipping/Receiving personnel and internal material movement.
- Optimize departmental efficiencies focusing on continuous improvement, cost control, and key performance indicators.
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user using the most efficient and cost effective modes of transportation.
- Review delivery requirements of all sales channels and negotiate alternative requirements that result in significant freight cost savings.
- Manage import/export activity to ensure shipping compliance or all government regulations and required documentation.
- Coordinate all inbound delivery schedules with vendors and Purchasing manager.
- Proactively manage the transportation network, follow through and continually strive to find new efficiencies creating a competitive advantage.
- Manage all freight forwarding, transportation, and supply chain solutions.
- Communicate with freight vendors, maintain relationships, and negotiate contracts for long haul and LTL freight.
- Ensure departmental Preventive Maintenance Program is current and oversee maintenance on all equipment.
- Compliance: OSHA, MSDS, general safety guidelines.
- Work with Sales, Purchasing, HR, and Customer Service in accomplishing and communicating the Company s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Maintain % On-time and % Accurate shipping KPI s above 98%.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Supply Chain logistics to include LTL and long haul freight.
- Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong ethics, professionalism, and a passion for both domestic and international logistics.
- Must be organized and possess strong attention to detail and excellent price negotiation skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
About TRC Professional Solutions:
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/
Submit resume to kate.lang@Trcstaffing.com for consideration
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.