Senior Software Engineer
Piscataway, NJ 08854
• Will provide technical leadership to a small group of software engineers.
• Develop detailed design specifications for multiple areas of a software system (or database); responsible for the design and implementation of complex frameworks and toolkits to be used across multiple products (SCPP/CBO).
• Become familiar with all dependencies, interfaces and services required by most areas of the software system.
• Determine optimal and efficient designs for multiple areas of the software system.
• Lead development of multiple areas of the software system from detailed design specifications.
• Develop and unit test assigned software areas following R&D development processes.
• Estimate and plan own work and the work of others in the group.
• Become the resident expert across multiple areas of the system.
• Evaluate software (or configuration) issues with many areas of the system and resolves them in a timely manner.
• Implement changes to system assuring the changes do not introduce new issues.
• Keep abreast of improvements in software techniques and develop some improvements on your own.
• Facilitate technology and skills knowledge transfer within the team and beyond.
• Document all work.
• Ensures high quality software deliverables by leveraging automation and tooling best practices.
What’s Required of Me?
• Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field
• 5 years of experience developing, supporting, or implementing application software
• 3 years of experience working with Oracle, MySQL, or DB2
• 5 years of experience developing with Java
• 5 years of experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems
• 3 years of experience developing with Spring or similar frameworks
• 1 year of experience using containerization tolls (i.e. Docker)
• 3 years of experience utilizing WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, or WebLogic application servers
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/