Senior Reliability Engineer (Paper Machine Roll)
WEST MONROE, GA 30328 | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Senior Reliability Engineer (Paper Machine Roll) for a direct hire opportunity in the Greater West Monroe Louisiana area.
The position will serve as the Mill Roll Champion and will be responsible for ensuring that the integrity of the paper machine rolls is uncompromised. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the maintenance superintendent, paper machine operations and vendors to increase the quality and reliability of the machinery by developing and implementing best practices regarding equipment integrity, availability and planned maintenance.
• Drive safety to Zero injuries and support mill transition to safety-focused culture.
• As part of the key management team, will be required to perform rotating weekend maintenance on-call duty for the entire mill.
• Follow all company policies in procuring parts for required work.
• Provide leadership to all aspects of paper machine roll maintenance program for three paper machines.
• Able to establish a “precision state” level of standards for all roll repairs.
• Network best practices in roll maintenance management.
• Work as a team with entire paper machine operational and maintenance teams to support the mill operation demands.
• Aspiration to move into increasingly demanding future roles.
• Decisive with a strong sense of urgency.
• Data based decision making.
• Proper prioritization made quickly based on Department and Mill Goals/Objectives.
• Weekly roll repair status reporting with an action item system (Who, What by When).
• Organize and manage the rebuild processes to facilitate timely and reliable repairs.
• Perform roll inspections during outages to identify defects.
• Demonstrate strategic planning/strategic thinking.
• Develop and maintain a five-year roll replacement plan for all three machines.
• Develop structured plan to calculate life cycles of each critical roll and organize roll replacement purchases prior to reaching the end of a rolls useful life.
• Oversee and require involvement in capital process to create a ten-year outlook for capital roll replacement funding.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Excellent trouble shooting skills
• Functional/Technical Skills – Papermaking
• General Mechanical knowledge
• Very good Team building and coaching skills
• Change Management
• BS Engineering preferred (or equivalent demonstrated maintenance experience)
• Paper Machine Roll Maintenance Experience REQUIRED – Minimum 5 years