Senior Cloud Security Engineer- Azure
ATLANTA, GA 30339
TRC is currently seeking a Senior Level Azure focused Cloud Security Engineer in the Atlanta area.
The Principal Cloud Security Engineer ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cloud-based and Internet accessible systems and services that support core business functions. This is achieved by designing, building and optimizing internal and external environments and associated security controls while ensuring compliance with security policies. The ideal candidate is a proactive and self-motivated professional with advanced knowledge and strong experience in designing, building, and securing multiple cloud systems and environments. The candidate will work with the Information Security Team and other teams to design and manage the security of cloud environments.
- 7 years of overall IT experience including at least 3 years in working with various cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and/or Azure.
- Experience working with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS providers, providing guidance on secure system and service configuration.
- Experience with ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of company and customer data in a shared cloud environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with networking required (Subnetting, Routing, ACL, Security Groups, NACLs).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS security administration (Linux - RHEL and Debian based systems)
- Highly proficient in Python for scripting automating cloud deployments
- Information Security, Networking, or cloud related certifications highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to properly handle confidential information.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and make design change recommendations for improvements to the cloud environments and associated services and configurations.
- Provide expert guidance on secure configuration of company systems and services exposed to Internet sources.
- Provide security guidance and configuration recommendations on all cloud related projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert on platform security in cloud environments to provide guidance on security settings and policies.
- Identify risks and provide guidance regarding remediation of gaps to facilitate a hardened and sustainable cloud environment.
- Design and build out centralized management and security of multiple cloud platforms, ensuring singular security policies are proactively applied.
- Monitor and audit of various cloud platforms for security design flaws, configuration flaws, and other security related service changes.
- Establish security management and response processes for cloud events.
- Design and build cloud security event detection processes.
- Respond to security events and participate in investigations.
- Participate and contribute in setting and improving cloud security standards.
- Ensure cloud infrastructure service designs and configurations are maintained in accordance with security standards.
- Review cloud security group membership and make recommendations for updates to maintain compliance with security standards.
- Lead security efforts for integration of infrastructure and business solutions with cloud environments.
- Act as tier 3 support to troubleshoot security-related issues that come up and are escalated to Information Security for resolution.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/