Senior Accounting Specialist
Atlanta, GA 30328
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Senior Accounting Specialist, to join their growing team in the Greater Atlanta area.
This is an exciting direct hire opportunity, a chance to join an exquisite group of people at a company with excellent benefits, culture, and growth opportunities.
In this role, you will perform accounting functions requiring thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles and practices and a broad understanding of a corporate organization. Develops and implements solutions to daily accounting issues and prepares accurate and timely financial reports and statements. Assist with the preparation of SEC filings including 10-Qs and 10-Ks. Assist with the research and implementation of new accounting standards and update policies accordingly. Perform research in support of various transactions or proposed transactions.
- Perform the accounting and monthly close process for assigned activities (i.E. Rebates, fixed assets, intercompany, lease accounting, etc.)
- Perform monthly accounting process for new lease standard implementation activities, including owning lease software process
- Implement accounting process improvements surrounding rebates, intercompany, fixed asset, etc.)
- Provide General Ledger support in terms of researching transaction details, recording transactions, and other ad-hoc General Ledger tasks as requested
- Provide timely and accurate reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts
- Prepare supporting schedules and analysis for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Ensure the continuous review and implementation of effective internal controls and accounting systems and processes
- Analyze monthly GAAP financial statements in a timely and accurate manner. These include the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and various flux analyses.
- Prepare schedules for external reporting requirements – Form 10-Q and Form 10-K, including schedules to support management’ s discussion and analysis, rollforwards, analytical reviews, footnotes and other support.
- Assist in maintaining and updating company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the external independent auditors.
- Degree in Accounting, CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of work experience which includes general ledger accounting, corporate accounting, reporting and basic knowledge of US GAAP and related interpretation
- General understanding of foreign currency transactions for large global organizations
- Strong General Ledger Experience- SAP and HFM a big plus
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley 404
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientated, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret numerical results into business impacts and drivers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Work involves confidential and sensitive information. Discretion is essential.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- High level of integrity and values to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
Please submit resumes to abigail.Peterson@trcstaffing.Com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’ s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.Trcprofessionalsolutions.Com/