Senior Accountant (CPA Required)
ATLANTA, GA 30339
TRC has an immediate need for a Senior Level Accountant in the Cumberland/Atlanta area. This is a contract to hire role - candidate must have CPA and advanced excel skills.
To provide specialist general ledger (GL) accounting services for specific area (Revenue/ Non-Revenue/ Technology). To ensure the timely and accurate recording and reporting of transactions to ledgers and the integrity of the resulting balance sheets and financial reporting.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general ledger accounting for complex transactions, directing the functional work of other team members as appropriate.
- Capable of deputizing for Finance Manager when required
- Review/Approve and/or Prepare manual journal entries required to complete month-end and annual accounts and to ensure the accuracy and timely posting of entries from sub-ledgers and other entry sources.
- Ensure that all accruals, prepayments and any other adjusting entries are booked as necessary along with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Review/Approve and/or Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts and complete Trintech submissions in line with SOX and risk management requirements.
- Review and approve inter-company account reconciliations.
- Ensure suspense accounts are analysed and cleared on a monthly basis.
- Produce monthly GDS packs providing Balance Sheet and P & L analysis and supporting commentary for specific area.
- Produce information required by external auditors, including that referred to in Prepared by Client schedules, and any other accounting documentation to satisfy audit requirements.
- Provide accurate financial accounting information and analysis to other interested parties including decision support, tax, controllership and senior management.
- Responsible for SOX processes and compliance as it relates to controls assigned to their area/function
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant license required
- Practical and proven accounting experience (4+ years) in a similar large organization
- High level of computer literacy including Excel spreadsheets (pivot tables, Vlookups etc), word processing (Microsoft), and experience with automated accounting systems. Oracle experience highly desirable.
- Exposure to SOX desirable
- Sound commercial awareness
- Able to work autonomously to deliver well defined outputs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple organizations both inside and outside of the organization
- Team player able to demonstrate flexibility, and resilience
- Must be deadline and detail focused
- Part of Americas Finance Operations team located in our Atlanta office
- Professional office environment
- Very minimal travel
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’ s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.Trcprofessionalsolutions.Com/
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com