Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets
Plantation, FL 33322 | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Senior Accountant role, for a direct hire opportunity in the greater Ft Lauderdale area in Florida.
The Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Ensures all fixed asset purchases are properly capitalized according to Company policy
- Analyzes research and development equipment purchases, in conjunction with appropriate personnel in engineering departments, to determine if the asset has an alternative future use.
- Updates the fixed asset register, including assigning an appropriate useful life and depreciation cost centers to all fixed assets
- Analyze construction in progress account to determine when assets need to be placed in service
- Records monthly depreciation expense for all fixed assets
- Reconciles the fixed asset accounts and prepares a fixed asset roll forward on a monthly basis
- Prepares the CapEx in AP analysis on a monthly basis
- Employees/Candidates who have attained or in pursuit of the CPA certification preferred
- 2+ years of accounting experience required
- Experience in technology industry preferred
- Detail oriented, able to focus in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Expert communicator and analytical thinker; able to understand complex subjects, identify comparable data points, develop and report structured evaluation
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills required
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel required
- Prior experience with SAP, or another ERP system preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- Master's in Accounting preferred
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/