BROWNS SUMMIT, NC 27214 | Direct Hire
TRC has an immediate need for an R&D Manager for a client located in Greensboro, NC. The ideal candidate will have a Chemical Engineering Background.
GREAT 100% paid company benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life Insurance, LTC Care Insurance, Company match on 401(k)
Eligible for Monthly bonuses and TWO bonuses per year in June and December
7:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday work schedule
The QC/R&D Manager has the responsibility of both in-plant Quality Control efforts as well as process/product development. In regards to in-plant QC, the QC Manager creates internal and external specifications. The QC Manager creates and manages an inspection system through the support of an inspection team to maintain internal and external product specifications. The QC Manager ascertains process and product capability and develops/improves testing techniques where appropriate to maintain target quality metrics and targets. The QC Manager manages processing of customer claims as well as generation and implementation of corrective actions to prevent claims from recurring in the future. Claim management involves claim settlement with the BAC Sales Department as well as the customer originating the claim. The QC Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining an annual operating and capital expenditure budget.
In addition to in-plant QC, the QC Manager provides technical service in cases where a BAC quality problem is not present. This includes the following:
1. Instruction to customers in how to safely and effectively utilize BAC products (including field technical service)
2. Assistance to customers in trouble-shooting downstream product-use processes (including field technical service)
3. Utilization of internal resources to assist customers in their own product development.
The R&D Manager duties focus on new product development as well as the raw material qualification of existing products. For existing products, the R&D Manager works with the Purchase Manager to quality raw material ingredients. The R&D Manager works with the BAC Sales Department as well as the final customer to develop new products for future needs and Sales. The R&D Manager determines the product specifications for new products, plans and schedules production trials of new products, and eventually establishes production parameters to produce the process at BAC.
1. Management of QC subordinates to enforce existing quality system.
2. Management of QC improvement projects to reduce/eliminate customer complaints.
3. Determination of process capability and product specifications (internal and external).
4. Field technical service to research and resolve quality issues.
5. Field technical service to help customers effectively utilize product and solve problems (including those not caused by a BAC quality problem).
6. Analysis of technical data.
7. Establishment and enforcement of both QC and Development budget (operating and capital).
8. Planning and management of process trials.
9. Supporting customer trials with BAC products.
10. Participation in cross-functional teams associated with plant expansion projects (new equipment selection ).
11. Establishment of plant quality goals.
The QC/R&D Manager must be proficient in all test methods and protocols. Occasionally, the QC/R&D Manager must perform these first-hand to support plant need. The QC/R&D Manager will often have to troubleshoot in-plant problems (quality and productivity). In addition to identifying the existence and extent of the problem, the QC/R&D Manager may occasionally have to provide the detailed solution for the problem to the production team members.
Please send updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org