Grayling, MI | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions seeks a full time purchasing agent for a new, state of the art wood manufacturing facility located in Grayling, MI.
Efficiently arrange the supply of goods and services required to effectively support a wide range of needs throughout the site(s), with focus on continuous improvement of processes and the use of related tools, reliability of the mill, and sound cost management in all transactions within the guidelines of GAAP and approved Purchasing Policies
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Manages the Inventory Changes with a cross functional approach.
• Provides coaching to individuals (Storeroom technicians, Planners, etc.) on expectations relating to Purchasing, Storeroom procedures and Inventory management. May participate in performance feedback for other staff.
• Works with storeroom to ensure adequate inventory levels.
• Procuring best value for the business in all goods, services, and transportation transactions.
• Ownership of the PO process. Ensures timely processing and strict accuracy of all transactions including system generated transactions, customer requirements, tax implications, expediting, etc.
• Monitor frequency of purchases and recommend possible options to increase effectiveness of purchasing efforts
• Uses known concepts in recommending and making buying decisions.
• Responsible for supplier selection, negotiating, developing & maintaining entrusted supplier relationships, monitoring & managing supplier performance.
• Coaches cross-functionally regarding sound purchasing practices.
• Perform month end preparation tasks, review and reconciliation.
• Support and drive continuous improvement
• Provides internal customers and suppliers with timely and accurate information
• Maintain contractor compliance requirements
• Participate in the development of area SOP’ s (standard operating procedures)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Post-secondary education in a business field, or minimum of 3+ years of experience in a Manufacturing – Purchasing setting, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
• Holds a Certificate in Purchasing or shows evidence of continued education in the Supply Chain Management field is preferred.
• A high degree of problem solving and analytical skills required, embraces a multi-functional approach to addressing problems
• Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner.
• Ability to independently plan, organize, and manage multiple projects/tasks/priorities with close attention to detail
• Demonstrated good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• Demonstrated CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) experience. SAP is a great plus.
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com