Aiken, SC | Direct Hire
The primary responsibility of the Planner/Scheduler is to assure that jobs are produced on time and machine utilization is optimal. In addition, as urgent orders/jobs arise the planner shifts jobs within the plant or back to the master scheduler to assure the customer’ s needs are met.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create jobs for standard and internal orders to fulfill customer requirements as well as maintaining corporate min/max levels.
• Reroute jobs to keep plant utilization optimal, OT low, and shipments balanced across multiple production lines-where possible.
• Review product mix requirements and machine capabilities, and advise when additions for product mix may be necessary to maximize utilization.
• Review/report on lead times for product classes with materials manager as well as the sales and marketing team where prudent.
• Additional assigned duties/reports as needed by the local materials manager.
• Build shop paper/production packets with all relevant details.
• Coordinate KanBan stocking efforts with Material Control Coordinator as needed, communicating shortfalls or scheduling delays with sales team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Experience in scheduling multi-line production facilities.
• 2 or 4 year degree in business administration or related field.
• High degree of skill in MS Excel, and Oracle preferred.