Danville, VA | Direct Hire
TRC has an immediate need for a Process Engineer with our client located in Danville, VA.
• Provides Safety Leadership in the Facility.
• Perform assignments under a minimum level of supervision.
• Recommend improved processes, procedures, equipment, and materials which will enhance the efficiency of manufacture and quality of products.
• Conduct employee training sessions as needed.
• Recommend equipment and processes for manufacture of new products.
• Assist the development and scale-up of new products.
• Investigate and provide remedies for manufacturing process problems.
• As required, establish working relationships with outside personnel to meet project objectives.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of current products, processes, equipment, and procedures.
• Maintain adequate records and orderly files on all assigned projects.
• Assist maintenance department with evaluations of equipment problems and design requirements of new or modified equipment.Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of PM Programs. Recommend adjustments.
• Assist as needed on environmental compliance projects as they relate to the process function.
• Issue period status reports.
• Work with operating personnel to reduce waste generation.
• Maintain/develop’ s SOP’ s for the Department
• In depth experience with auxillary equipment used in a plastic’ s environment
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Standards of Performance:
• Demonstrates practical problem-solving abilities and uses lean and six sigma tools effectively.
• Maintains a level of trust and credibility within and between departments.
• Prioritizes work to focus on important problems/issues.
• Communicates clearly, efficiently, and professionally with others in the organization.
• Maintains sufficient knowledge of safety and environmental regulations as they may pertain to work assignments.
• Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
• Willingly provides consultative services to other departments as needed.
• Processes are monitored and evaluated for environmental regulations compliance.
• Special assignments are completed on a timely basis, including reports on the work.
Experience with process driven manufacturing.
Experience with Startups/Changes/Troubleshooting.
Clear understanding of and experience in a continuous improvement environment where lean principles were used daily.
Six- sigma certification and demonstrated use of the methods.
Minimum B.S. In Mechanical (preferred), Chemical, or Industrial Engineering
3 - 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Specific experience with various types of film processes and materials used in the manufacture of films, and safety/environmental regulations pertaining to the film industry are preferred.
Successful project management highly preferred.
Please submit your resume to carmen.Carpenter@trcstaffing.Com