Principal Solutions Engineer
ATLANTA, GA 30326
Our top client in Atlanta is seeking a Principal Customer Solutions Engineer to provide a wide range of services that are based on products, from implementation and training to consulting on industry best practices for enterprise level customers. This person will act as subject matter expert for both internal and external resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the established techniques used for the project and delivers implementation services that allow for successful deployment of purchased products.
- Guides client in the set up and configuration of products and trains customers in administration and use of the products.
- Communicates technical details to technical and non-technical audiences, establishes credibility as a product expert with all audience levels.
- Mentors and teaches other consultants on product and implementation strategies.
- Engages other resources in addressing customer objections and anticipates challenges based on experience and information available at the time of project initiation.
- Self-manages assignments, project budgets, and administrative tasks, managing multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish.
- Identifies opportunities for additional/longer-term services revenue and advise customers on the value of additional services.
- Ultimately accountable for Technical solution implementation for project.
- Leads a team and communicates project status and risks to all project stakeholders on behalf of the team.
- Use technical experience to give customer sound technical advice.
- Responsible for knowing the Architecture, versions, and requirements.
- Responsible for determining appropriate technical resource requirements for project completion. Works with PM to request resources.
- Coordinating with PM on technical communication to customer, any new requirements or changes in scope and impacts to delivering the technical solution.
- Determine if change is a product defect or enhancement before communicating to customer.
- Responsible for estimating new requirements of Project and gaining Architect or Manager approval.
- Conducting or assigning code reviews.
- Develops in-depth conceptual and technical knowledge of the designated product line including new releases, new products and interfaces.
- Demonstrates an understanding of practical application of the products in a variety of customer environments.
Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
15+ years in related Information Technology position
previous experience in Project Management or team lead position
previous experience in development, application lifecycle or change management
Enterprise application development methodology (e.g. Java, .NET, Web)
IBM i application development methodology
Database technologies (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, DB2)
i5/OS, Windows and/or Linux OS
Proven critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills
Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
Excellent time management skills
Previous consulting experience
Previous travel oriented position held
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/