MARIETTA, GA 30066
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Payroll Specialist for a direct hire position in the Greater Atlanta area. The Payroll Specialist performs payroll-related functions, including payroll processing, payroll tax compliance and payroll reporting in a multi-site, multi-state environment. The Payroll Specialist provides excellent customer service to all associates and is well versed in payroll compliance, taxes and reporting, has accounting and GL experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for gathering time records from employees and calculating hours worked and pay received for each employee accurately. Ensures that time records are accurate and that any inconsistencies or errors are resolved.
• Inputs and verifies payroll data in a timely manner. Reconciles & audits all payroll-related accounts and activities. Prepares manual checks as necessary
• Works to answer questions that employees might have about payment and resolves any payment issues that arise.
• Works as part of the HR team; maintains reporting for ACA / 1095.
• Works cross functionally with other internal accounting departments, such as AP, AR.
• Processes and maintains records of employee deductions, such as garnishments, 401k, Insurance benefits, etc.
• Oversees tax filings in accordance with local and federal laws.
• Maintains discretion at ALL times with employee and company information.
• Processes Quarter End / Year End.
• Assists with related special projects as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• The Payroll Specialist is a detail-oriented, quantitative thinker who is adept at noticing errors and spend a lot of time completing calculations.
• Must be advanced in the level of proficiency with Excel and Payroll Systems, such as PAYCOM, ADP or any other type of payroll / human resource information system. Knowledgeable with Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Gmail.
• Proficient report writing capabilities
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
• Highly confidential and trustworthy with confidential information
• Able to quickly and easily adapt to change and shifting priorities with enthusiasm
• Understands priorities and what is most important
• Detail oriented, exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Able to analyze and resolve problems through effective customer service interface and communication
Education / Experience:
- 3-5 yrs payroll processing experience
- Experience with multi-state payroll processing
- Certification is not necessary but if you have a FPC/CPP Certification that would be preferred
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent
• Payroll processing: 2 years (Required)
• PR systems like Paycom: 1 year (Required)
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/