CARROLLTON, GA 30117
Our client in Carrollton, GA is looking to hire a New Model Engineer on a long term, direct hire basis. The company is an automotive supplier and is seeking someone with new model experience.
• Coordinate all the company’s New Model activity to ensure the company is on track in preparing for successful New Model launches.
• Coordinate and lead all New Model efforts, including regular (usually weekly) New Model meetings.
• Manage SAP for all New Model launches.
• Communicate progress/status to team members, customers and management.
• Coordinate efforts and act as lead on New Model evaluations such as P1, P2, QD-Gate, E1, E2, Customer NMR’s, etc.
• PLC/Robot/Ladder Logic trouble shooting ability and resolution.
• Communicate company requirements, requests and suggestions to design groups (YOA & YTG).
• Good working knowledge of sunroof components and processes.
• Report Preparation:
o New Model Business Plan
o Annual budget
o Status report for managers meeting
o Monthly Business Plan Review
o Customer New Model Readiness Reports
o Company Evaluation Reports
• Engineering duties that relate to new product lines of production
• Help identify and manage quality issues
• Line adjustments to equipment
• Quality Defects to product
• Assist different quality groups between new product launches.
• Provide interaction and organization to production activities for new model implementation.
• Ensure timely compliance to new model production targets.
• Provide continuous feedback and two-way communication to all assigned personnel and cross-functional departments.
• Other tasks as assigned by Executive Management.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous Quality and New Model experience
• 3 – 5 years in an automotive manufacturing environment.
• Experience with production or manufacturing experience in high volume environment
• Prior engineering experience in a manufacturing setting
• Microsoft Office Skills
• Excellent communication skills (customer relations/ presentations skills).
• Advanced Power Point presentation skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of specific customer requirements and standards.
• Applicable knowledge of SPC to interpret data and make decisions.
• Computer skills: data entry, word processing, spreadsheets (able to demonstrate good skills).
• Ability to create/review process documentation (FMEA, PQCT, operation standards).
• Print/drawing analysis (able to read/interpret customer prints).
• Proven problem-solving ability (familiar with AYM’s problem solving methods).
• Ability to teach skills to others within department/organization.