Mechanical Engineer with Data Center Expereince
TRC has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer with Data Center Experience. Our client is a National Engineering firm that will be supporting one of the most exciting companies in the country with their Data Center buildouts in California and New York.
The Mechanical Engineer will primarily serve as a Project Manager. This person will not be doing “core engineering” work but more project management work.
- Provide owner’s rep. / technical support to data center services and operations teams to define mechanical system design requirements for multiple and simultaneous DC projects from inception through completion
- Collaborate with client’s core teams to develop, implement, and manage the data center mechanical designs at site starting from basis of design (BOD) to “Issued for Construction” (IFC) datacenter services documents for new DC projects build outs, infrastructure upgrades, and renovations.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the mechanical project requirements on-going at the site. Assist in the response to site specific engineering requests for information (RFI)from an Owner’s perspective in coordination with the Design-Builder’s engineer of record (EOR). Manage site bug process and coordinate with DCDE cross functional teams for technical support.
- Participate in new technology insertions through collaboration with the core engineering team to provide site specific requirements during the development of site-specific BOD. From owner’s perspective review schematics with EOR to detail designs to assure client requirements/ expectations are being met.
- Participate and support PM and Engineering team for change to plan of record (cPOR) items at site level
- Manage to client’s requirements, all site level power system issues during project execution phase. Identify and resolve issues with the cross functional teams. Maintain all
- client’s DC related mechanical system design requirement and interface documents.
- Manage and comply with the change control process
- Support team for development of detailed scope of workforce major infrastructure upgrades based on project needs and work with internal teams on configuration management.
- Support quality assurance and control (QA/QC) during the design process.
- Provide technical guidance to vendor teams in the resolution of issues, support program level efforts.
- BS in Mechanical or Engineering
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership
- Willingness to Travel
- Experience with Data Centers or large mission critical facility mechanical infrastructure
- Experience with cooling systems common to data centers, cleanrooms, hospitals or other critical environments
- PMP Highly Preferred
- PE License Preferred.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/