FRANKLIN, GA 30217
Our customer a Teir 1 Automotive Supplier is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join their team on a long term direct hire basis.
Under the general direction of the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for the procurement of raw materials for the Plant, the levels, accuracy and storage of the inventory; the satisfaction of the customers with timely and accurate deliveries and efficient plant scheduling techniques. Directs the activities of Production Control, Material Planning, Customer Service, Warehouse and Shipping/Receiving departments.
1. Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
2. Assumes the primary role in developing departmental systems, procedures and policies.
3. Assumes the primary role in selection, training development and supervision of staff.
4. Coordinates and directs daily activities.
5. Prepares departmental reports as required by the Plant Manager.
6. Coordinates and monitors departmental budgets to meet plant objectives, submit and implement cost savings.
7. Expedites material in the event of serious supply problems by phone, visits or other means likely to produce results.
8. Monitors performance using approved JOS measurables.
9. Responsible for system accuracy, inventory levels and all inventory adjustments.
10. Responsible for the maintenance and reporting of customer delivery ratings.
11. Generates corrective action plans for problems within departments.
12. Acts as Customer Representative for Jac Products Inc. relevant to delivery issues/concerns.
13. Audit freight invoices.
14. Responsible for improving plant safety performance and key indicators. Strives to eliminate workplace hazards, reduce ergonomic concerns and works with department managers to improve the overall safety record of the plant.
15. Monitors key indicators, develops action plans to correct unfavorable metrics and reports out on progress during management review.
16. Performs all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work
Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Basic computer skills, including P.C. knowledge and current technology software familiarity
Excellent communication skills - both written & oral
Problem solving skills – both numerical and mechanical.
Strong knowledge and understanding of materials requirement planning, inventory management techniques and vendor release management.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and Principles: Toyota Production System.
General knowledge of OSHA Regulations.
This position works with minimal supervision, this position also concerns itself with confidential company documents while demanding a high level of attention given to all areas of supervisory responsibility.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Related Field
APICS Certification Preferred
Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in Material Management
MAPICS and Future Three preferred
Send resume to: email@example.com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/