Manufacturing Supervisor (Night Shift)
Platteville, WI 53818 | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Manufacturing Supervisor (Night Shift) for a direct hire role in the greater Platteville WI area.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all machine operators and machine set-up personnel and their activities. Responsible for maintaining proper production levels from production machinery. Must work with the Quality, Engineering and Production Control departments to resolve any problems related to products (scrap, rework, process changes, process improvements and production efficiency) on a daily basis. Must effectively communicate between departments or personnel for prompt problem resolution. Must also self motivated and proactive in dealing with personnel and manufacturing issues.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for opening and closing the facility as required on a daily basis. (6:30 am on days and 5:30 pm for nights. Must assure that competent back-up coverage is available when his/her responsibilities cannot be met.
- Responsible for training, directing and evaluating all direct personnel.
- Responsible for making sure proper production levels are meet and documented per the production schedule, and if not, implement corrective action.
- Communicate information (positive or negative) to appropriate management or personnel on a timely manner for problem solving and/or continuous improvement.
- Responsible for scheduling employee overtime by shift end on Thursday in non-emergency situations.
- Report machine status to Manufacturing Manager when inoperative or during set-up periods.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of the Daily Job tickets.
- Responsible for motivating and mentoring personnel in a positive, effective manner.
- Responsible for monitoring employee attendance, job performance, job competency and productivity making corrective actions where necessary.
- Responsible for evaluating employee performance during the employee review procedure.
- Responsible for working with the Manufacturing and Production Control Manager in determining and maintaining the appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible for directing the shop floor activities from start to end of the shift.
- Responsible for initiating employee disciplinary actions and to ensure that when necessary that the Human Resource Manager is in full concurrence of the action.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the plant floor and assigned office areas and holding the area leaders and employees accountable for these tasks.
- Requires Some Management Direction.
- Possesses Some Decision-making Authority.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing Company safety and health policies.
- Support Compliance with Client’s Quality policies and procedures (IATF 16949 & ISO 14001).
- Follow general safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Perform Special Assignments as delegated.
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum of 5 years experience in a Manufacturing Field.
Minimum of 3 years in a Supervisory Position.
Experience with MRP and Production Control
High School Diploma or equivalent