MACON, GA 31206
TRC Professional Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Manager to immediately join our customer's team on a permanent basis in their Macon, GA facility. They are a large packaging company that employs over 16,000 people in over 60 locations throughout Asia, Europe, South America and North America. The Manufacturing Manager will oversee their paperboard manufacturing operations, including their equipment, processes and employees.
- Leadership of safety, environmental compliance, employee engagement, hourly and salaried team development, process productivity, efficiency and reliability, department financial performance to include cost management and annual budgeting, final paper quality, and capital planning.
- Direction of technical, maintenance and reliability resources that support the business unit to meet production and mill financial goals.
- Provide supervision and leadership for the safe and efficient operation of both paper machines.
- Work closely with Sr. Manufacturing Manager, Resident Mill Manager and corporate leaders to achieve full alignment of manufacturing plans with strategic goals and business plans
- Ensure that manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality, and responsiveness
- Provide leadership, coaching and development for a series of direct reports to include department managers and functional leaders
- Manage personnel development and performance management programs in accordance with company guidelines
- Work and develop relationships with organized labor to create joint accountability for facility results. Administer and implement labor relations through consultation with Human Resources and Mill Managers
- Demonstrate situational leadership in the implementation of problem solving strategies and execution of key performance objectives in the production of quality finished product.
- Develop and manage budget execution with a focus on product manufacturing costs and operating margins.
- Lead in strategic and developmental planning for input into mill planning efforts as appropriate
- Ensure departmental environmental regulation compliance. Fortify sound environmental stewardship amongst all department team members through awareness, accountability and training.
- Conduct routine inspections of operating areas, check project completion status, review operating logs, check abnormal equipment operations, optimize work efficiency, ensure good housekeeping, make safety observations, etc.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 10 years’ experience of manufacturing leadership experience, preferably in an integrated facility paper mill with a portion of that time working directly with the paper machines. Prior manufacturing experience in the production of coated paper/board greatly preferred.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (EE, CE, or ME), Pulp and Paper Technology, or related field.
- Advanced degree or continuing education programs in both technical disciplines and business is desirable
- Master’s degree in relevant/related field is a plus
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules as necessary; may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Provide on-call and weekend duty coverage.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their businesses and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: