Bangor, MI | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions, is hiring for a Manufacturing Engineer for a direct hire role with an established manufacturer of mining vehicles in Southwest Michigan.
This role is responsible for establishing manufacturing processes for new products and improving processes for existing products. This position will collaborate with design engineering to influence designs that fit within capabilities and are efficient to produce. The manufacturing engineer is also responsible for providing support to shop floor staff for troubleshooting manufacturing problems and training on new and existing processes. Candidate must have solid knowledge/understanding of CNC/machining; bachelor's degree required.
• Oversee the creation of product part routings and estimated build times for both new and existing components.
• Develops manufacturability design guidelines and specifications for use in product development.
• Assists in product planning and design by defining manufacturing capabilities, recommends changes in design of proposed new products to reduce manufacturing cost and improve results.
• Provide technical support and training to shop floor staff.
• Perform cost engineering and standard analysis on products and processes.
• Provides manufacturing management with the necessary technical expertise to identify operational requirements with respect to current and future manufacturing strategies.
• Develop capital plans for introducing or replacing machinery and equipment.
• Provide make versus buy analyses on products and processes.
• Develop new processes and propose new machinery and equipment to support cost reduction, productivity and throughput improvements.
• Understand and implement lean principles and practices in all manufacturing decisions.
• Coordinate with Operations to define best practices and resolve manufacturing issues.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods, in particular, machining operations.
• Practical experience operating machining equipment in a production environment (both manual machinery and CNC).
• Understanding and knowledge of practical use of lean manufacturing concepts and techniques.
• Good analytical skills and detail oriented.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related
• At least 3 years’ experience in manufacturing - hands on experience
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com