Blythewood, SC | Direct Hire
Excellent opportunity with expanding NE Columbia Manufacturer. Pay $25+ per hour.
• Major responsibility will be managing high volume, highly automated assembly line complete with vision systems, pick-in-place robots, and error systems.
• Work with the processes, through the metrics of throughput, inventory reduction, scrap & rework tracking, and cost reduction to achieve objectives.
• Assist in the day to day production for the production cell including product delivery, and meeting customer expectations.
• Operate manufacturing equipment as required
• Maintain equipment through preventative maintenance and scheduled maintenance programs
• Create, maintain and promote all quality systems and procedures in compliance to QMS and ensure the quality of all manufactured components in the cell adhere to the standards
• Maintain a clean, safe and organized workplace/environment with 5S principles through training and audits
• Drive focus on safety as an integral part of the team’ s day-to-day awareness and activities.
• Train other associates as required in all aspects production operations, quality and safety. Assure area of responsibility has sufficient cross training to accomplish objectives on a continual basis. Manage and administer the on-the-job training and certification program as required
• Assist in the coordination part movement through the cells including from logistics and to the customer in or out of the cell
• Assist in the daily communication between shifts including team members and other technicians
• Ensure accurate Production reporting for cell on a daily basis through measurable (pieces, scrap, OOE, etc...)
• Lead responsibility for ordering tooling and making sure all supplies are available to operate cell in efficient manner
• Set-up and changeover equipment and participate in machine qualifications at suppliers and in house
• Identify and utilize all resources required to meet department objectives by coordinating with support departments
• Must have experience and understanding of Mechanical Systems
• Machine alignment
• Ability to read and interpret Blueprints
• Strong ability to troubleshoot process related issues
• Understand process improvement
• Cell leader, understand manpower movement
• Ability to prioritize while driving multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• Ability to identify, analyze, prioritize and solve complex issues and problems
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SPC and Lean Manufacturing Fundamentals
• Ability to train others using various avenues including classroom and OJT