Rome, GA | Direct Hire
Our global customer in the Rome, GA area is currently looking to hire a Maintenance Planner on a long-term, direct-hire basis. (This is a night shift position. There will be training on the day shift for a few months and then the hours will be M-F 7PM-7AM)
Working knowledge of Insight or previous scheduling experience asset. Must possess ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and manage priorities with minimal supervision.
• The ideal candidate for the Maintenance Planner opportunity will possess an Associate’ s Degree or possess 1-2 years equivalent experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
• Knowledge of preventative/predictive maintenance, lean manufacturing and reliability engineering is essential.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Thorough knowledge of SAP or CMMS would be helpful or similar software and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and preventative maintenance software.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Proven decision-making, problem resolution, communication and organizational time management skills.
• 1-2 Years in a Manufacturing Planning Role or Equivalent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating all SOP relevant to the maintenance department.
• Convert the organizations asset management and maintenance strategy into measurable action.
• Lead root cause failure analysis investigations for plant equipment issues
• Track and trend key performance indicators (KPIs); for equipment reliability, maintenance department performance, and planning and scheduling
• Continuous improvement of planning, scheduling, purchasing, stores, data management to increase effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance resources.
• Establish, maintain and improve the maintenance planning and scheduling process
• Apply best practice storage management for parts material in storeroom to ensure they retain full reliability while stored
• Ensure unused material is promptly and correctly returned to the storeroom inventory
• Maintain spreadsheets of stock items we make obsolete.
• Track Storeroom parts usage to develop proper inventory levels
• Creates and updates equipment for Preventive Maintenance Plans as needed
• Maintain tracking of all maintenance parts sent out for repair and return
• Plan, schedule, and supervise the technicians responsible for fabricating and rebuilding parts.
• Ensure proper documentation of all work performed in plant has been entered in SAP
• Review and complete preventative maintenance work orders/requests in SAP
• Format and enters job task lists for maintenance plans in SAP
• Responsible for up-keep and accuracy of equipment maintenance history and job records database
• Responsible for the up-keep and accuracy of technical information on processes, plant and equipment
• Maintains a ready backlog of available work to be completed if an unscheduled/unforeseen downtime period becomes available (Work that can be done in 1 hour or 2 hours, organized by plant priority)
• Work with operations and maintenance to prioritize work Backlog and ensure efficient resource allocation and utilization of available time
• Prepare daily work schedule and packet for the maintenance techs including; Tasks, parts, and non-emergency repair work orders
• Ensures completed schedules and work orders are returned promptly and that all completed work orders are filled out completely by the craftsmen, maintenance supervisors, and or authorized contractor representatives
• Prepare Maintenance outage schedules using project management software