Columbia, SC | Contract
The Mechanic I will aid in the upkeep and repair of all plant functions and other departments in time of need, such as repairs or support and assist in the upkeep of parts, inventory, plant housekeeping and safety without assistance.
• Use of hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and/or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
• Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
• Assemble, install, or repair machinery and equipment.
• Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
• Observes plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output and maintenance procedures.
• Assists in conducting operations so as to meet established cost standards for use of materials, supplies and equipment. Follows instructions in the most efficient use of tools, machines and materials.
• Maintains a neat and orderly working area and assists other departments in the cleanliness and organization of working areas when projects overlap other department areas.
• Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor. To maintain good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other department employees.
• Encouraged to bring any ideas to light for possible usage in factory functions.
• Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
• Willing to back up Shift Mechanics during vacation or any other time determined by department Team Leader
1. Required training are as followed:
• Confined Space
• Line Break
• Hot Work
• Forklift Certified
2. Required Functions are as followed without assistance:
• Safety is #1
• Fire Alarm
• Security Gates
• Air Compressors
• Shift Rounds
• Screw Pulls
• Pump Change
• PM’ s
High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Related Technical Degree