Sacramento, CA | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions is looking for a Maintenance Manager to work on a permanent basis in the greater Sacramento, CA area for our global food packaging manufacturing customer. They were founded close to 100 years ago and employ over 16, 000 employees in over 30 countries.
The role will be responsible for managing and providing leadership and resources to the Maintenance Team so that the facility and equipment are maintained to defined specifications, operate efficiently, safely and to production plan. This role will ensure that budgetary constraints are met. Also, direct and coordinate the activities of the Maintenance Department, provide improvements in the facility’ s equipment reliability and the reduction of downtime from within the Sacramento manufacturing operation.
1. Manage the Maintenance department, ensure safety of employees and equipment, and ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment
2. Manage the maintenance material budget, order materials, manage the storeroom and monitor consignment inventory
3. Manage the maintenance staff to ensure that plant efficiency and optimization projects are meeting schedule, budget and specifications
4. Maintain the safety of people, equipment and other maintenance related issues
5. Develop the career path of Maintenance Team Members and provide leadership and coaching
6. Administer Plant Policies and Procedures within the Maintenance Department
7. Manage time appropriately and interface with internal and external resources to prioritize and resolve maintenance issues in an efficient manner
8. Utilize Continuous Improvement techniques to analyze work systems and identify ways to deduce the cost requirements of the business
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills in mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, thermal and hydraulic systems
• Highly Motivated
• Time Management Skills
• Priority Setting Skills
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills (both written and oral)
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Listening, facilitating and confrontation resolution skills
• Requires walking (45%), standing (35%) and sitting (20%). Requires walking the production floor daily, twisting, bending/stooping, squatting/kneeling and reaching above, at and below the shoulders. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• This position requires frequent communication with internal and external request for information regarding maintenance projects or activities. Must be able to speak or exchange accurate information in these situations
Environment and scheduling:
• Hot humid environment during the summer months, noise levels require hearing protection at all times on the production floor.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION TO: