Maintenance & Tooling Manager
FRANKLIN, GA 30217
Our tier 1 automotive supplier customer in Franklin, GA is currently looking to hire a Maintenance & Tooling Manager on a long-term, direct-hire (permanent) basis.
MAINTENANCE & TOOLING MANAGER
The Maintenance & Tooling Manager works with Business Unit Leaders to coordinate, efficiently plan, and complete simultaneous projects and seek innovative solutions to daily maintenance and tooling related issues. The manager is responsible for communicating and coordinating information between shifts, and for monitoring assigned personnel. The manager is expected to provide the maintenance and tooling techs with assistance in solving issues with industrial hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and electronic components, tooling and tool-related issues, and trouble-shooting. The manager must possess strong management/leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
• Responsible for the enforcement of all safety rules and regulations.
• Responsible for the coordination and direction of all maintenance and tooling employees working on three shifts and in three business units.
• Communicates and coordinates information between shifts, supporting departments and management.
• Assists maintenance and tooling employees with improving their performance.
• Responsible for coordinating the procurement and receipt of replacement parts for various projects.
• Shall efficiently plan and complete simultaneous projects and seek innovative solutions.
• Shall maintain all necessary documents required for maintenance and tool department record keeping.
• Shall work to improve documentation and record keeping in both departments
• Shall work to develop, improve, and monitor key maintenance and tooling metrics, such as PMs completed, rework, downtime, open work orders, time to repair, etc., and develop systems, processes, and activities to improve metrics.
• Responsible for various projects as directed by the Plant Manager and Business Unit Leaders.
• Responsible for understanding and participating in all aspects of the continuous improvement process.
• Daily job performance is expected to support the Company’s Quality Statement.
• Direct and maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
• Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, and ensures that all equipment is in safe operating condition and meets or exceeds OSHA Standards.
• Comply with all QMS / EMS procedures and work instructions as it pertains to the position description.
• 3-7 years of experience in hydraulics or electrical maintenance is preferred.
• Experience with plastic injection molding machinery is preferred.
• Possession of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
• Shall be competent reading both hydraulic and electrical blueprints, as well as mechanical drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret as well as develop documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Ability to use all types of tools and Shop Equipment (manual, electric, pneumatic, etc.)
• Advanced computer skills, including use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other programs.
• Capable of learning to use AS400, Lotus Notes, and Mapics as needed
• Excellent communication skills - both written & oral.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
• Excellent organizational skills.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION TO: