Logistics Warehouse Specialist / Team Lead
Huntersville, NC 28078
The Logistics Warehouse Specialist is responsible for performing all functions related to shipping and receiving, including the preparation of customer orders and documentation, inventory related activities, housekeeping, and safety and health related activities to support the Warehouse functions. This position fulfills customer order needs through the physical preparation of shipments both domestic and international and must ensure that the shipment and all related documentation are compliant with shipping regulations and adheres to customs rules and regulations. The Logistics Warehouse Leader is also responsible for organizing the safe and efficient receipt, storage and shipment of warehoused goods, keeping the warehouse inventory current and organized, performing cycle counting activities, and performing the inspections and scheduling routine maintenance of the warehouse equipment.
1. Ensure compliance with all regulations (OSHA, NFPA, HAZMAT DOT, RCRA, etc.) and company safety policies; insure proper storage and handling of hazardous materials and finished goods; create and maintain controlled department documentation; ensure timely and appropriate review, resolution and corrective action to customer issues related to warehousing and distribution.
2. Follow all procedures as it relates to the warehouse department for order fulfillment and receipt of all goods.
3. Perform all work in accordance with the quality and safety guidelines and procedures.
4. Verification and receiving of incoming shipments, handling and disposition of non-hazardous and hazardous materials, including raw materials, samples, and supplies, etc.
5. Preparation of all customer shipments including verification of order, spotting of finished goods for shipment, relabeling (if necessary), preparation of paperwork, loading of shipments onto trailers, including coordination with customer service on pickup and delivery expectations.
6. Packaging customer orders/samples for shipment, timely preparation of documentation for all air and sea shipments globally to ensure integrity and compliance with shipping and customs regulations, coordinating with customer service and arranging delivery pickups to meet/exceed customer delivery needs; and keeping detailed shipping and receiving logs to account for all materials that enter and leave the warehouse.
7. Execute material flow, processes and procedures to optimize warehouse space through the effective use of layout, racking, and storage locations; FIFO inventory system; maintain a clean, organized warehouse; recommend/initiate improvements; initiate and capitalize on lean operations opportunities.
8. Meet or exceed warehouse and shipment targets set by the business as it relates to quality, cost and delivery metrics to support financial, operations, and customer satisfaction goals.
9. Develop and maintain excellent working and teamworking relationships to support business and warehouse goals, including problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved work processes to optimize customer service performance; work with team members to address processes that result in inefficiencies or unnecessary costs; recommend and initiate process improvements.
10. Participate in cross functional teams, and in some cases lead, to facilitate improved business practices and processes to achieve efficiencies at best cost; interface with all other functions to define support requirements and to ensure the efficient movement of product to the customer. Works closely with the production scheduling and customer service teams; continual review of shipping dates and reporting exceptions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree and five to seven years related logistics, shipping and receiving work experience in a warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is a plus. Experience shipping hazardous chemicals both domestically and internationally is required.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/