Newnan, GA | Direct Hire
Our customer in the Newnan, GA area is currently seeking a Logistics Supervisor to join their team on a long term direct hire basis.
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for the efficient use of employee and temporary labor on the back lot. This involves physical direction as to what tasks are to be done and the order in which to do them that will yield the best results. The Logistics of golf cars on trucks has many steps and may have several unexpected issues arise related to accessory, car and truck availability. It is the Logistics Supervisor's job to make sure that we utilize the labor in the best manner possible. Also of primary importance, is that the Logistics Supervisor is responsible for approving all loads for Logistics.
• Responsible for inspecting and approving all loads while units are being staged.
• Each load must meet the customer's expectation of our company’ s Golf Cars and accessories: should any load not meet our quality and customer's expectations, the Logistics supervisor will advise the Logistics Manager.
• Stage and maintain car inventory by model and color. Practice FIFO when pulling units for loads.
• Ensure all electric cars are charged and maintain charging schedule by serial number.
• Utilizing the on hand labor to maximize Logistics efficiency. This is tracked in a weekly report that the Logistics Manager completes.
• Supervise 6 - 10 associates
Education / Experience:
• HS School Diploma or GED required
• Must have 1- 2 supervisory / management experience and knowledge of golf car deliveries to distributors, dealers and direct courses.
• Computer skills required. Basic office software experience is required. Including Email, Excel and Word.
• Fork lift experience is required.
• A forklift license is required. Training can be done through us, but prior experience is preferred.