COLUMBIA, SC 29223
TRC Staffing is in need of a Chemistry Lab Technician for immediate hire!
Work as a technician in the QA and EH&S Department. This position will support department activities, provide test results to polymer production and extrusion department, support planned tasks associated with regulatory compliance (product, environmental and OSHA compliance), and review of records relative to specifications. This position pays $16 p/h.
- Testing of nylon resin production in a timely manner for percent moisture, relative viscosity, monomer, melting point, color, speck count, solubility, transmittance, amine end group count, and other test methods.
- Analyze polyester resins for percent moisture, intrinsic viscosity, melt viscosity, and other tests as assigned.
- Compare test data to specifications and determine if product is conforming or non-conforming.
- Assist in completing paper work, records management, review and filing of raw material certs and other documents.
- Prepare lab samples as needed for the tests listed in the lab work instructions.
- Perform special tests to support R&D, sales and extrusion departments.
- Calibrate lab instrument at the frequency specified by the lab specialist.
- Clean all the lab glassware after use.
- Operate the hydrolysis pot safely.
- Measure the coefficient of friction and percent finish on yarn.
- Follow all safety instructions and precautions as instructed.
- Support efforts to maintain compliance of the quality management system.
- Maintain a clean workspace.
- Perform tasks related to regulatory compliance as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (or related discipline) or extensive lab work experience
- Lab experience with wet chemistry
- Must possess excellent customer satisfaction skills
- Knowledge of SPC and process capability preferred
- Self-starter, must be able to set daily priorities
- Computer skills:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Access database