Memphis, TN | Contract
TRC Professional Solutions has an immediate need from an IT Support person in the Memphis area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Provides direct support to employees and clients (customer) on all technologies in use and supported by the IT department. Maintains friendly and helpful demeanor with customers at all times. Meets or exceeds departmental response time goals.
• Uses system designated by departmental management to track user requests for assistance. Follows specified procedures on the use of said system. Monitors the Helpdesk Ticket queue and fulfills requests in a timely and courteous manor.
• Coordinates with vendors as appropriate on the resolution of problems. Maintains contact log of vendor contracts in accordance with specified procedures.
• Coordinates with other IT staff members as appropriate for the resolution of problems. Proactively seeks assistance from other staff members as required to quickly resolve customer problems.
• Observes company guidelines with regard to copying of software and advises departmental management when any illegal use of software is discovered.
• Delivers, picks up, and/or ships equipment to repair vendors as required. Tracks such activities in accordance with departmental guidelines.
• Notifies departmental management in writing when any equipment is relocated within the company, including serial numbers, original location of equipment and new location of equipment.
• Enforce and comply with all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
• Promptly advises departmental management of any situation that will cause a substantial delay in the resolution of a customer problem.
• Answers help desk calls live when possible.
• Responds promptly to voice messages left in the help desk mailbox and confirms receipt to the customer with an estimate of resolution time where possible.
• Configures supports and repairs all desktops, monitors, printers and RF scanner guns in the office and warehouse.
• Manages user and systems accounts in Active Directory to include account creation, deletions and password resets.
• Manages and utilizes Ghost server for desktop/laptop imaging.
• Required to handle after hours technical support calls based on a published rotation schedule.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of IT equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining up to date documents in the ISO quality management system that pertain to Technical Support Analyst procedures.
• Must use good judgment in making changes to critical business systems to resolve business impacting outages.
• Required to relocate computer equipment frequently.
• Assist Systems Administrators with system patches, maintenance windows, server builds and software installations / configurations.
• Work with Systems Administrators to support DHCP, DNS, Mail, Operating systems and production application configurations.
• RF Gun Support
• Assist with Wireless Support issues
• Provides support for local phone systems as necessary.
• Familiar with quick server build-out processes such as Ghost.
• Ability to script routine system administration tasks using shell scripting, batch scripts, perl or python.
• Other task as request by IT management
Physical demands are considered to be that of an office/warehouse environment, climate controlled in the office area, with moderate physical exertion. Requires prolonged sitting and standing, ability to utilize a computer and interact with other associates in meetings and/or via phone
Please submit resumes to will.Swift@trcstaffing.Com