Grayling, MI | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions is looking for an HR Generalist to work for our global manufacturing customer on a permanent basis at their brand new, huge, state-of-the-art, wood manufacturing facility, located in Grayling, Michigan.
This position administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. Analyzes human resources data and carries out responsibilities in one or more functional areas, such as staffing, employee relations, compensation, training, employment, labor relations, safety, affirmative action and employment equity programs, and personnel research.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Coordinate or administer various aspects of the organization’ s compensation and benefit, recruitment, training, organization development, and employee relations programs.
• Is a coach for and adjudicates the application of Company and mill specific policies.
• Operate in and be responsible for more than one of these areas and perform many of the same activities as professionals that specialize in these individual HR functions.
• Administer the staff recruitment and selection process (placing ads, interviewing, processing applications, contacting managers, provide feedback regarding the candidates, handling selection process tests).
• Participate in the preparation of employment contracts and offers of the selected candidates.
• Administer the coordination of the On-Boarding Program.
• Maintains personnel files.
• Administers exit procedure.
• Keep up-to-date with the employee relations climate in the organization and support actual changes in employee relations regulations, so that the organization’ s employee relations policies remain current and relevant.
• Is a model for the company's Culture and Team Design Principles.
• Administers non-compliance procedures.
• With guidance, develop project-based work (local policy updates, procedures, employee handbooks etc.).
• Maintain accurate employee records regarding pay rates, shift details, promotions, transfers and sick leave, etc.
• Assist in administration of performance management process.
• Supports learning and development initiatives to include training administration and delivery.
• Liaison for various government agencies for employment, funding and community relations.
• Liaison with various educational institutions in the state.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Associate degree in Business or equivalent years of experience. Bachelor’ s degree and/or PHR certification preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of human resources experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws including EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, unemployment, workers’ compensation and OSHA.
• Experience with an HRIS.