BLYTHEWOOD, SC 29016
The controller applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare
financial reports. The controller is responsible for implementing accounting procedures and
building the accounting department under the leadership of the Director of Finance and by
performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide financial direction/support to accounting department.
- Become active participant in plant/operations via meetings, interaction with employees,
walking the floor, etc.
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal controls and ensure compliance with division policies
- Develop and drive cost reduction/elimination programs/ideas.
- Develop and coordinate budget/forecasts with management team.
- Prepare and review capital spending requests/projects.
- Reporting/Accounting internal and to Corporate
- Supervise daily operations of payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and production
- Provide support of accurate and timely financial reporting of results (monthly, quarterly,
- Develop annual budget and periodic forecasts (as necessary).
- Preparation and control of balance sheet.
- Monitor and review physical inventory reporting/coordination.
- Prepare various financial models, as appropriate; review various account reconciliations.
- Review general ledger maintenance/transactional processing/journal entry creation.
- Oversee month-end close activities (analyze/explain operational activities/related variances,
analyze monthly plant performance).
- Oversee physical inventory reporting and coordination.
- Prepare, review and present annual and quarterly operational budgets and profit projections.
- Oversee the SAP workflows.
- Develop and direct management through cost/benefit analysis and other plant financial
- Assist Director of Finance with division-based projects and provide reporting support as
- Analyze plant labor, scrap, operational spending and inventory transactions for optimal
- Monitor and review asset additions, transfers and disposals. Ensure complete and accurate
- Prepare various summary reports, as needed.
Key Success Factors/Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to understand and analyze plant operations (major fixed assets, products mix, key
customers, direct and indirect labor requirements, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and interact with others.
- Ability to disseminate data and make timely decisions.
- Ability to meet/exceed deadlines.
- Occasional travel by car and/or plane.
- Effective team player and facilitator.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- SAP R/3 experience (FI, CO, MM and PP Modules).
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Windows applications..
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting with three to seven years of financial related
experience in a manufacturing environment, along with manufacturing and cost accounting
- Should have strong knowledge of Accounting software
- Database software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Experience in SAP Program helpful but not necessary.