Field Supplier Quality Engineer
Franklin, GA | Direct Hire
Our Tier One Automotive Supplier customer is currently looking for a Field Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team on a long-term, direct-hire (permanent) basis. The Field Supplier Quality Engineer needs to live within a 4-hour driving distance of suppliers in Michigan, so they must live in either Michigan, Ohio or Indiana.
Note: This position entails 3 or more days per week of travel
FIELD SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
• Maintain an open issue log for all supplier concerns related to supplied components (pertaining to Quality and Processing issues).
• Communicate all supplier related issues (timing, quality concerns, etc.) to program managers and company management.
• Conduct periodic supplier visits to review and confirm progress towards production readiness and to assess supplier capability and risk. Assure that the supplier processes include error proof devices as applicable.
• Conduct, as necessary, supplier visits to assess effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Review and approve supplier manufacturing, inspection, and containment processes for program activities.
• Identify opportunities for improvement within supplier processes and assist, as necessary, with the development and implementation of these improvement activities.
• Assess the supplier's ability to produce to the quoted volumes, i.E. Run at rate evaluation and determination.
• Assist Business Unit Manager with supplier improvement process and/or development activities.
• Initiate periodic on-site supplier program development team meetings.
• Communication of advanced quality and PPAP requirements to Tier 2 suppliers.
• Review and approve supplier PFMEA and Control Plans.
• Coordinate PFMEA and Control Plan activities at supplier which supports quality requirements of components for our company and our customers.
• Review and approve supplier PPAP's. Establish and maintain action plans when PPAP's are not fully approved.
• Maintain PPAP checklist that identifies the issues related to achievement of full PPAP approval.
• Assist QMS team with customer PPAP requirements including the update of our supplied component PPAP status in customer format.
• Communicate with suppliers and our internal customers on product quality concerns and initiate corrective and/or preventive actions for these concerns.
• Participate in continual improvement programs and activities to support the achievement of department KPI and mini goals.
• To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities.
• To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
• To follow company policies and display conduct expected as described in the employee handbook.
• Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
• To meet and maintain all customer and company quality standards
• Engineering bachelor's degree or related technology degree (preferred). (Will substitute with military service or 4 years of experience in a similar role).
• Six Sigma certification or equivalent is preferred.