Executive Administrative Assistant
St. Louis, MO | Contract
Position SummaryReporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. Also, serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. Essential Functions:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’ s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “ gatekeeper” and “ gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’ s time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’ s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’ s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serves as the President’ s administrative liaison to board of directors and maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Ensures that the President’ s bio is kept updated and responds to request for materials regarding the President and the organization in general.
- Must work well as part of a team and individually with other employees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by President/CEO.