Employee Communication Rep
Jefferson, GA 30549
Our customer is currently seeking an Employee Communications Rep to join their team.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications is required. An undergraduate curriculum including courses in liberal arts, business administration, public relations or advertising is particularly desirable. Work in digital media is also desirable. Special courses in digital media and communications research would be helpful.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of responsible experience in the field of creative writing, editing, Internet/intranet management, photography, and public relations with business or industry is desirable. Particular emphasis will be placed upon experience in employee communication with a service type organization; experience in the field of rural electrification would be particularly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE: Require a working knowledge of principles and practices in the areas of creative and journalistic writing, employee communication, general business management principles, community relations programming, and communication and information services with consumers, employees, and the public. Must possess a working knowledge of photography and word processing as applied to a news interest and publication. Require understanding of general business management principles, communication evaluation, electronic communication and strategic communications planning.
SKILLS: Require effective leadership skills, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to work in a team environment. Requires ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic employee communication programs. Should be able to strategize digital communications messages, plan and produce effective written and visual communications materials. Should be able to work with external vendors to achieve desired results. Should have the ability to plan communications research and develop resulting recommendations. Requires ability to pursue a continuous program of self-development both inside and outside of work hours in furthering his/her knowledge to develop in the job and accept increasing responsibilities.
1. Develop and publish written, visual, and multimedia content to the company s Intranet site, to offer employees timely news, information, and company resources.
2. Generate content for the company s print employee newsletter and a new employee email newsletter, to effectively provide employees up-to-date information on cooperative activities, business developments, and industry issues, in addition to employee community activities and involvement.
3. Assist Employee Communications Manager with the development and implementation of new employee communication programs, employee presentations, and employee communication platforms and programs.
4. Plan, develop, and implement retiree and employee events as required.
5. Assist with employee photo contest, employee SmartImage photo archive, and employee digital signs. Maintain employee orientation presentation and other materials as needed.
6. Attend job training and safety meetings as required or directed.
7. Be familiar with and follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative s Safety Manual.
8. Actively participate in community and chamber of commerce activities as directed.
9. Perform other such duties as may be required or directed.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/