Columbia, SC | Direct Hire
Minimum Education Requirements:
• AS in Electronics Technology or Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent military electronics school
The service technician is responsible for installation, troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical, electronic assemblies and systems. Work includes assembly, field service, installation, commissioning, repair, and test.
Qualified candidates will possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Candidate should understand how to use DVM, Oscilloscope, hand tools and possess excellent solder skills.
• Domestic and international field service
• Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, or computer problems to determine root cause of problem using drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Recommend and implement a corrective action.
• Test components, cables and subassemblies using test procedures to be sure the component meets specification.
• Assemble components, cables and subassemblies using drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Operate oscilloscopes, meters, signal generators, power supplies during the test process.
• Must possess strong problem solving skills
• Must work with limited supervision
• Must hold a valid driver’ s license
• Must be able to obtain and hold a US Passport
• Candidate must be able to lift 75 lbs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Our client is a drug free workplace and works with railroad contracts and job sites that require drug testing.