Bangor, MI | Direct Hire
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for an Electrical Engineer for a direct hire role in the Southwest Michigan area.
The Electrical Engineer will design, develop and support products which rely upon electric actuation for functionality. A successful Electrical Engineer will ideally have a background in the design of vehicle electrical systems, selection / integration of components to meet system requirements, and a demonstrated ability to assist in troubleshooting control systems. This position involves working in a dynamic design environment co-located with a manufacturing plant, requiring the ability to flex both theoretical knowledge and practical experience while working with teammates to produce high quality products for mining vehicle applications.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with company employees to ensure a cooperative and productive work environment.
• Design of electrical systems to meet requirements of customized vehicle orders.
• Design of major parts and assemblies, utilizing CAD (Draftsight, SolidWorks Electrical and SolidWorks 3D) to ensure proper form, fit, and function of design.
• Preparation of calculations for design adequacy in areas of component design.
• Determination of root cause and resolution of vehicle integration problems on the production floor.
• Prepare and/or check bills of material, create new part numbers, and manage engineering change orders.
• Use knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete designs.
• Exercise ingenuity to solve problems without extensive supervision.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Meet deadlines while completing each job thoroughly and accurately.
• Use foresight to identify and minimize risks associated with vehicle operations or maintenance.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field from an accredited university (with strong knowledge in electric system and circuits) required.
• At least three years of experience with potential of expanding position/responsibilities for candidates with seven or more years of experience.
• Previous hands on experience with electrical equipment, either through previous employment, personal interests, or other non-engineering positions.
Skills, Talents and/or Characteristics
• Thorough understanding of electrical circuits and system functions.
• Candidates must have excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or hobbies.
• Knowledge of electronic components such as Micro controllers, PLCs, etc. And vehicle CANbus is beneficial.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement processes is beneficial.
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com