Ball Ground, GA | Contract
Our customer in the North West Atlanta area is currently looking for a contract Electrical Engineer to join their team.
The hands on Electrical Engineer in this position will work with cross-disciplinary design teams on projects of various sized scopes. This engineer will contribute to the design team based on expertise and experience in electrical hardware design. This individual may coordinate all design activities of a design team, interface with key cross-functional groups (Sourcing, QA, Manufacturing, etc.), and ultimately deliver electronics systems to meet Product Requirements.
• Will translate Product Specifications into Design Specs, and manage electronic projects from initial design concepts to ECO released systems to meet overall Product Requirements.
• Coordination of design, test, and build activities between the design team and key cross-functional teams.
• Will generate schematics and Gerber files for prototype designs through final releasing of PCBAs.
• Works closely with software engineers to develop control and power management software to maximize power consumption and system reliability.
• Work closely with mechanical technicians in development process to deliver electronics that meet all system requirements. May work across multiple locations as projects progress.
• Works closely with manufacturing personnel if electronic troubleshooting is required.
• Will provide test specs to PCBA vendor to develop electronic test fixtures.
• Review and evaluation of product design through informal and formal design reviews as well as through design verification test plans and reports.
• May need to write design verification plans and execute them as well.
• May need to perform obsolescence reviews of current components for sustaining engineering support and will create and sustain BOMs for PCBAs
• Evaluation of product non-conformances and recommendation of design modifications.
• Management of external design resources, when appropriate.
• Mentoring and directing of technicians.
• Proficient performing lab testing of electronics.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience with analog, digital, and programmable devices
• Firmware/Software experience preferred
• Working knowledge of electronic device design
• Experience brushless motor control
• Experience with power management for low voltage devices
• Experience with PCBA layout and sensor integration
• Experience with wireless / Bluetooth communication protocols
• Systems level engineering experience with a focus on electrical hardware design including digital/analog hardware design, power system design, system interconnection, and user interface hardware specification.
• Ability to utilize an electrical CAD package such as Altium, OrCad, or similar commercially available software.
• Ability to work with management to set and achieve goals based on priorities of development projects and support of internal and external customers.
• Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment.
• Experience with the control of DC powered electro-pneumatic systems with pressure feedback
• Experience with Portable battery powered medical devices
Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and demonstrable experience.
Please submit resumes to Melissa.Voyles@trcstaffing.Com