Director of Software Services and Platforms
Norcross, GA | Direct Hire
Our customer in the Norcross, GA area is currently seeking a highly skilled Director of Software Services and Platforms to join their team on a long term direct hire basis.
• Own key components within our company’ s connected platform. " Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building and supporting.
• Support our developers. " Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never be a bottle-neck, see around the corner and anticipate developers' needs, host brown bags, knowledge-transfer sessions and generally evangelize the platform.
• Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
• Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
• Lead the way - " Lead" means staying up-to-date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks. Never be surprised and never have any regrets.
• Be a thought leader in the “ business” of the platform solution. Understand the benefits and costs and potential liabilities coupled with the sales and profit of the solutions.
• Create and maintain the connected network solution and leverage that network for greatest business benefit though Software and Visualization as a service.
• BS/MS in Computer Science
• A proven track record as a software development manager, including 15+ years of technical experience as a software developer, software development manager, director or related role.
• Have recently participated in defining and executing a HW platform development with requirements of the market and leading customers as the reference.
• 5+ years of experience in areas of Test Development and Test Automation of Software Products
• 5+ years of experience in Android OS
• 2+ years of experience in Unix OS
• 5+ years of experience in database management with MySQL and MongoDB
• 5+ years of experience in Scripting in Language such as HTML, Java Script, Shell Script, Nodels
• 5+ years of experience in Web Services, Rest API, XML
• Proven knowledge and experience of hardware design processes. Know the basics of electronics network and systems. Familiar of microprocessor-based system architectures and integration of Software/hardware.
• A proven track record of leading concept, design, development and launch of a multi-million-dollar IoT - SaaS initiative.
• Proven experience of the power and issues associated with “ connected” content and application solutions.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex web software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front- end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• A proven track record of hiring and developing software engineers to become high performance teams.
• A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development.
• Design experience of any embedded system
• Technically inclined to Electrical Engineering practices
• Working knowledge in Test Management (Planning, Tracking and Execution) preferred
• Knowledge of automation tools like Python, Selenium, Visual Studio
• Experience working on setting up network architectures preferred
• Experience in Amazon AWS cloud preferred
• Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies preferred
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, from the new college hire engineer to an executive audience.
Please submit resumes to will.Swift@trcstaffing.Com