Director of Quality/Manufacturing
Davie, FL 33317
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Director of Quality, for a direct hire opportunity in the Greater Miami FL area with a manufacturing facility
Great opportunity to join a true startup company, with excellent benefits, perks, growth potential and environment!
This role plans, directs, and coordinates preparation and implementation programs to ensure compliance with company’s quality processes and procedures. Candidates with prior experience in the aerospace/defense industry preferred.
- Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products related to metal AM products produced within an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining NADCAP certified inspection.
- Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes.
- Align process documentation with process capabilities.
- Analyze and implement customer requirements into existing systems and processes.
- Coordinates the design and calibration of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gauges, and equipment to support product acceptance.
- Lead the APQP Process for new products and processes
- Participate in design reviews, development and support of PFMEA / Control Plans.
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
- Collect, evaluate and develop statistical data and monitor process control.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions.
- Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues primarily in the advanced manufacturing area.
- Provides technical consultation to management and others and leads technical project teams.
- Evaluate and report progress of team toward established goals and objectives.
- Resolve problems, make process improvements and respond to internal and external customer inquiries regarding quality issues.
- Perform compliance and system effectiveness audits to insure adherence to company policies, procedures and customer requirements.
- Resolve internal and external customer complaints in such a manner as to prevent a recurrence.
- Train associates in both theory and application of quality tools such as statistics, inspection methods, problem solving, process analysis and improvement.
- Programming and operation of CMM, 3D Scanning and various measuring equipment and devices.
- Experience in layout inspection.
- Generate CMM Inspection Reports - Collect, collate and report data results in required formats (FAIR, PPAP, ADP, etc.) per AS9102
- Experience in GD&T.
- Organize and present data to management for decision making.
- Resolve disputes with internal and external customer involving product quality.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a technical or related field required.
- 5+ years quality systems experience within manufacturing required
- Easily adapt to new organizations / technical environments
- Project management on small to medium projects
- Aerospace experience
- Strong background is Six Sigma
- Experience in NADCAP Implementation
- ASQ Certifications: CQM/OE, CQE, CQA or CQIA
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/